
I feel like the discussion as a whole went fairly well. I showed up to it very prepared, I had gone through the book to find text evidence that could support my arguments that could be used during class. I also came prepared with a couple of questions to ask in order to help the discussion flow smoothly. In brief, my communication with the group was very effective. I gave my input whenever I felt it was necessary to do so. I tried to balance out my responses to other people's points with my own input and it worked out fairly well. I feel like I listened well to other members of the group when it was their turn to speak. On the day of the discussion I felt a little nervous, solely because of the fact that other people in the class were listening in to our conversation. But as we progressed, I felt that I became more confident with what I had to contribute. The points that I brought up during the discussion were exceptionally strong, I may have not phrased them the way I wanted to at first because I was a little nervous, but I still feel that the points that I made were interesting and gave a unique opposite view of the discussion question. I do not feel that I made any weak points, since I tried my best to back up everything I said at the discussion. The only other points I would have mentioned were already mentioned by other group members, so I don't feel like I left anything out from what I had to offer the group.
The three seed questions that we came up with were very open to personal opinion, which enhanced the discussion. We had a little trouble rephrasing the second question at first, but we ended up with one that we all could agree on. We addressed each questions effectively. One group member read the question from the board before we began discussing it. I noticed that we had more agreement than opposition within the group, since we had similar opinions on the topic. We were very productive, we went directly to the point and we had not side-tracked once from the main idea. We were all polite to each others opinions, we all respected each individual group member's ideas and paid attention well when a person was speaking. We were very thoughtful with our responses, we backed up our opinions well. In the end, it seemed as though everyone said what they had to say; time was not a strong factor in the discussion, nobody felt rushed and they took their time. In short, I felt that we had a very effective discussion.
M.W.
No comments:
Post a Comment